Module 1 -Radicalisation as a Relational Phenomenon and Radicalization in Prison MAY 11TH 2020
All target groups
To understand the complexity of radical phenomena through a multi-disciplinary approach at EU-level.
To develop advanced and specialized competences and abilities for LEAs, judges, prosecutors, Intel Agencies. Lawyers and vetted NGOs working in CT/CVE to identify different types of information within radical mechanisms, classify and transmit it within the procedural justice framework at MS and EU levels as part of the counter-radicalization measures.
- To develop skills of public and private first-line practitioners to recognize radical dynamics and assess behaviours indicating potential escalations within the society-at-large;
- To improve critical knowledge on the mainstreaming radicalization theories and their relation with terrorism and other forms of crime.
- To improve know-how, competences and abilities of different LEAs, prison and justice operators to observe the emergence of radical dynamics within prisons and in different high-risk contexts;
- To strengthen the role of the security stakeholders in their specific areas of interventions (concept of attributions), while reinforcing multiagency and public-private cooperation;
- To prevent new emerging threats through an appropriate management of classified and non-classified security and non-security information, in line with the national and European legislations in force, in compliance with the existing procedural rights (Stockholm’s Roadmap), EU directives and privacy regulations.
Orientalist and Middle East Expert Dr. Bianchi is specialized in the field of Muslim minorities has carried out in-depth researches on security issues and geopolitics, supporting the idea that Islam may be a resource to counter the terrorist threats. Among his recent books “Low Intensity Conflicts in a Liquid World” (2016), “Is Islamism a Threat?” (2015), “Jihadist Radicalisation in European Prisons” (2010), “The Italian right parties in the age of leadership” (2008). His articles and video productions regarding a wide range of topics from politics to breaking news have been featured in national and internationally published newspapers and TVs over the years. He is fluent in Italian, Arabic, German and English. Dr. Bianchi is a RAN C.o.E. member.